Module 4 of 8
The aim of this module is to introduce the main Communication Styles to managers and employees at the work place. Participants will acquire knowledge and competences on the existing ways to communicate each other, the main communication styles, and the differences in verbal and non-verbal communication among people of different cultures.
Participants will be also able to identify their own communication style and verify cultural barriers to communication. In this module the participants will understand how and why it is important to be sure that the message we want to send is received by the recipient the way we expect.
Time to complete module: 4 hours.
It contains the following topics:
- Ways (methods) of communication
- The main communication styles
- Which is my personal communication style?
- Differences in verbal and non-verbal communication in different cultures
- Cultural barriers to communication
- Self-evaluation test
Steps to be completed:
In order to complete this module you must do the following:
- Study topics in suggested order
- Get acquainted with the provided learning resources
- Prepare practical tasks and assignments
- Complete a quiz after each part
- Leave your feedback after the module
- Repeat some topics if needed
- Go to the next module
4.1: Which are the main Communication Styles?
4.2: Differences in Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication in Different Cultures
4.3: Final Activities
Knowledge and Competencies
- To describe different communication styles
- To draw own style of communication
- To find differences in meanings of one word or sign in different languages
- To determine different communication styles
- To analyse own style of communication
- To analyse differences in meanings of one word or sign in different languages
Module 3: Working with Stereotypes
Jump to Module 3
Module 5: Teamwork and Social Integration
Jump to Module 5